This policy discloses the information we gather about you when you visit hobnob.com or buy products directly from us. It describes how we use that information and how you can control it.
Information Hobnob, Inc. Gathers and Tracks
Hobnob, Inc. collects two kinds of information about users:
- Data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news and product information, subscribing to mailing lists or signing up for e-mail delivery of blog, message base, or bug systems, completing surveys, or buying directly from us; and
- Aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you have requested and to fulfill requests. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
- When you subscribe to Hobnob mailing lists to receive news and product information, you must provide an e-mail address. We never sell or rent the e-mail address you provide when subscribing to our lists.
- When you post information to Hobnob's public mailing lists or message bases, this information will be visible to the public. Moreover, Hobnob mailing lists may be archived by third-party sites over which Hobnob, Inc. has no control, and your e-mail address can be found from their archives.
- When you buy Hobnob products, we add you to our mailing lists and will contact you with Hobnob related issues now and then.
- We may, from time to time, offer certain programs with limited participation (for example, closed beta programs). When you participate in such programs, we may require additional information to permit selection of participants. In addition, we will contact participants to collect program feedback periodically. These communications are not promotional in nature.
We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hobnob, Inc., our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated Tracking Information
We may analyze visitors' use of our sites and tools by tracking information such as downloads, pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and click through. We use this information to improve our products and sites. We may also share or publish this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form. We do not share or publish any information that can identify an individual user.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit our sites. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your computer, so that we can provide you with personalized information and features.
You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or to block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain site features or functions.
This site may contain links to other sites. Hobnob, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
We may run surveys on our site in which we ask our users for contact information (such as an e-mail address). We may, with permission, use the contact information from the entry form to ask followup questions. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the choice/opt-out section below).
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. All data pertaining to users, their computers' system information, and benchmark results are stored on a server. This server is located in a locked and guarded space and only authorized Hobnob, Inc. personnel have access to the database containing given user names and passwords.
Notification of Changes
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
- You can unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists through your login profile at www.hobnob.com.
- You can unsubscribe from any e-mail subscription to blogs, message bases, bug tracking system, etc. through your access to that system.
- You can send an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request.
Reviewing Personal Data
You can review and validate the information that we have collected about you by sending an e-mail requesting a review of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.